Important terms and conditions for our design our mascot competition:
This bit may look a bit long and less interesting, but it’s really important to make sure you know all the rules so you know what to expect. Ask an adult (your parent/guardian, teacher, coach etc.) to explain anything you’re not sure about. Make sure you tell your parents/guardians that you are joining in our design a mascot competition, show them this information and ask them to submit your entry on your behalf.
- Entries must be submitted by a responsible adult on behalf of an under-18 before 11:59pm on Monday 5 November 2018.
- The competition/prize draw is open to participants aged 18 years old and under, excluding employees and their immediate families of Netball World Cup 2019 Limited (NWC2019).
- Proof of identity may be requested and only proof of identity from the person entering the competition will be accepted.
- No purchase is necessary. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups/clubs or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, late or illegible entries or those not in accordance with the entry instructions will be accepted. No responsibility can be taken for entries lost, damaged or delayed either by post or computer transmission error.
- Entrants must have the permission of their parent or guardian to enter. NWC2019 requires the consent in writing (which may include an e-mail) of the parent or guardian of the author of a winning entry to publish that winning entry and the author’s name, age and town or city of residence on the NWC2019 website. If NWC2019 does not receive written consent (which may include e-mail) from the parent or guardian of the author of a winning entry Netball World Cup 2019 Limited reserves the right to select an alternative winner, as a result of reasonable efforts to contact the original winner being unsuccessful.
- The prize will include four tickets to session two on Friday 12 July 2019 and one night’s accommodation in Liverpool (based on two twin rooms). Travel to and from the event will not be included.
- Tickets cannot be transferred to a second party, or exchanged for a different session. No cash substitution or alternative tickets or accommodation will be provided if the winner cannot attend the session. The winner and three guests (at least one of whom must be at least 18 years old on the date of the event) must be able to attend on this date and consent to our spectator regulations and ticketing terms and conditions.
- The winning entrant must be willing and able to assist with promotion of the mascot, including appearing on television and other media, social media and websites, including through video and image.
- The name, county and photograph of the winners may be used by Netball World Cup 2019 Limited and its associated companies for publicity purposes. The winner agrees to comply with a reasonable request to provide a photo of themselves with their prize and to allow Netball World Cup 2019 to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
- The final mascot design will be developed by the appointed mascot production company and a professional illustrator. Netball World Cup 2019 reserves the right to make reasonable adjustments to the chosen design and story to ensure the mascot design is suitable for purpose.
- Only one design per entrant will be permitted. Designs will be considered by a judging panel. No entries submitted on behalf of a club can be accepted.
- Entries must be original and not a copied character.
- In consideration of our agreeing to allow you to enter the competition (the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged by you) you agree to assign to us all Intellectual Property Rights in your competition entry and that you will (at our request) use all reasonable endeavours to promptly execute such documents and perform such acts as may reasonably be required to give effect to this assignment. You further agree that you have not by act or omission caused or permitted, and are not aware of, anything which might jeopardise the registration or enforceability or application for registration of the Intellectual Property Rights. Intellectual Property Rights – means in respect of your competition entry any and all copyright, rights in inventions, patents, know-how, trade secrets, trademarks and trade names, service marks, design rights, rights in get-up, database rights and rights in data, domain names and all similar rights and, in each case; whether registered or not; including any applications to protect or register such rights; including all renewals and extensions of such rights or applications; whether vested, contingent or future; and wherever existing.
- The winner agrees not to sell, offer to sell or use the prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing the prize on an internet auction site).
- For the winner’s name and county please send an SAE, stating the name of the competition or prize draw to Marketing and Commercial Manager, Netball World Cup 2019 Limited, SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, LE11 3QF
- Prizes won are eligible for delivery to UK addresses only, tickets for overseas residents will be made available for collection at the box office.
- Netball World Cup 2019 Limited will use the winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering this promotion.
- The decision of Netball World Cup 2019 Limited in all matters shall be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Entry implies acceptance of every one of these terms and conditions.
Data Protection Notice