1. Admittance to the venue
1.1. Persons will only be admitted to the venue if they possess a valid ticket for a session or valid accreditation which must be presented for inspection at the venue point of entry.
1.2. Ticket holders and accredited spectators must retain their ticket or accreditation at all times whilst they are within the venue. Spectators will be required to produce their ticket or accreditation if requested by venue personnel.
1.3. The M&S Bank Arena operates a strict no re-entry policy and tickets can only be scanned once. Once a spectator has entered a session they are not permitted to leave the building and re-enter during the same session.
1.4. Accredited persons may leave and re-enter the venue at their discretion.
1.5. Spectators with access to hospitality spaces may leave and re-enter their hospitality space using the dedicated Galleria VIP and Liverpool 2019 Lounge entrances. Hospitality guests may not leave and re-enter the M&S Bank Arena using the public entrance doors.
1.6. Persons who are under 14 years of age will only be admitted to the venue if they are accompanied by an adult.
2. Refusal of admittance and removal from the venue
2.1. The VNWC2019 Organising Committee may refuse entry to the venue to any person and may remove or evict any person from the venue where, in the reasonable opinion of event or venue personnel, it is believed that the person may cause disruption or a risk to the safety or security of the session or the enjoyment of the session by others or breach any of these conditions.
3. Field of play and restricted areas
3.1. Ticket holders and non-accredited persons must not enter the field of play, or any area to which access is restricted, unless directed by event personnel. This may result in eviction from the venue.
4.1. Smoking will be prohibited within venue perimeters (including open air areas). The use of electronic cigarettes, otherwise known as e-cigarettes, is not permitted within the venue. Some areas immediately outside the venue perimeter may also be designated as non-smoking areas and smoking will be prohibited in these areas.
5. Security checks and safety
5.1. To enter the venue all persons must submit to a security screening. These may be carried out with the use of technical aids such as body and bag scanners. These may take place on, before or beyond the point of entry to the venue. If ticket holders or accredited persons refuse to comply with any such inspections, they may be refused entry to or removed from the venue.
5.2. CCTV is in place at the venue. Images and footage captured by this equipment will be monitored by venue personnel. By purchasing and/or holding a ticket or accreditation, ticket holders and accredited personnel consent to the venue’s use of CCTV images and footage, and to the footage and images being retained by the ACC and shared with relevant third party authorities for the purpose of administering security program for the event.
5.3 Pyrotechnics, lasers, smoke machines, strobe lighting/special effects may take place during some sessions.
6. Prohibited Items and Restricted Items
6.1. Prohibited items are not allowed to be taken into the venue and access will not be permitted to any person in possession of a prohibited item. Prohibited items must be disposed of prior to entering the venue. NWC2019 Organising Committee will not provide a storage facility for prohibited items.
6.2. Prohibited Items include but are not limited to:
• hard sided bags of any size;
• soft sided bags in excess of 64 litres capacity (40cm x 40cm x 40cm);
• food, other than baby food or food purchased from the M&S Bank Arena Liverpool catering outlets available on the piazza;
• any glass or metal container;
• any open beverage container containing any liquid or a commercially sealed beverage container in excess of 350ml. Empty plastic bottles are permitted to be brought into the venue and water fountains will be available in the spectator concourse.
• alcoholic beverages other than those purchased from the M&S Bank Arena Liverpool catering outlets available on the concourse;
• aerosols, creams, medicines and gels of more than 250ml;
• pets or other animals other than guide and service dogs;
• any vehicle or transportation device, including without limitation any motorcar, motorcycle, motor scooter, bicycle, segways, scooter, skateboard, roller skates or roller blades, with the exception of wheelchairs or mobility scooters where required in connection with a disability or an impairment;
• chairs or similar items that may be used, or which is intended to support or capable of supporting the weight of a person (other than walking aids where required as a result of a disability or injury);
• radio scanners, walkie-talkies, personal wireless access points, radio frequency jamming devices or any other device which may affect equipment used by Event or Venue Personnel;
• strobe lights, laser pointers; and similar light emitting devices;
• remote controlled devices;
• illegal drugs or substances similar to illegal drugs;
• any item or substance capable of being used as an offensive weapon, including any type of firearm, projectile or firearms ammunition;
• any object, device, substance or item which may affect the safety of spectators or participants in any session or other persons at the venue, damage property including (without limitation) spray paint, be used to protest within/around a venue or interfere with the comfort and/or enjoyment of persons at the venue;
• fireworks, flares, pyrotechnics, smoke canisters or similar;
• hazardous substances including powders, pastes, chemicals, irritants, toxic substances and gas canisters;
• any type of knife or bladed item, including pocket knife, offensive weapon or implements such as extendable batons, or any items modified into weapons or replica or imitation weapons;
• items which appear to be prohibited items, for example replica firearms or hoax improvised explosive devices;
• inappropriately messaged clothing, banners, posters or material of any kind displaying inappropriate political and/or religious images/writing; offensive race related messages, slogans or images; offensive slogans or images as deemed by venue personnel;
• any objects bearing trademarks or other kinds of promotional signs and messages (of whatever nature) which VNWC2019 Organising Committee believes are for promotional or ambush marketing purposes;
• articles a person could distribute, hawk, sell, offer, expose for sale or display for marketing, promotional or commercial purposes;
• items which may be used in connection with any of the prohibited activities set out in regulation 7 (prohibited activities);
• any item which is too large to fit comfortably under a spectator seat or is likely to present a threat to safety in the event of an evacuation;
• any flag sticks or poles measuring over 1.5 metres in length and not made of soft plastic; and
• any other item that an authorised person considers dangerous, hazardous and/or illegal or that may be used as a weapon or missile or that may compromise or otherwise interfere with the safety or enjoyment of (or pose a hazard to) any person (including security) at the venue.
6.3. Restricted Items may be taken into the venue but may not be used in any way that negatively impacts on the safety, security or comfort of others. A person may be removed or evicted from the venue if they do not comply with the direction of venue personnel with regards to the use of a restricted item.
6.4. Restricted items will not be permitted to be used in viewing areas and include, but are not limited to:
• large photographic and/or broadcast equipment over 30cm in length, including tripods and monopods and ‘selfie’ sticks;
• oversized hats;
• noise making devices;
• banners and flag poles;
• flags larger than 1.5 square meters;
• Personal mobility devices, mobility aids and wheelchairs. These cannot be taken into the seating areas of the venue unless you are in possession of a ticket assigned to a wheelchair position or the device/aid can be easily stored under your seat. Designated areas will be available at the venue for the storage of mobility aids and wheelchairs.
• Strollers or pushchairs. These cannot be taken into a seated area or any other area specified by venue personnel. Designated areas will be available at the venue for the storage of strollers or pushchairs.
7. Prohibited activities
7.1 You must not undertake, allow or procure the undertaking of any of the following activities in the venue or within the vicinity of the venue:
• threatening behaviour and/or the use of foul or abusive language;
• religious, racial, sectarian, political, homophobic or discriminatory abuse or chanting;
• the taking of illegal drugs or substances similar to illegal drugs;
• any criminal activity, including fraud or theft;
• activities constituting a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person;
• standing in seated viewing or concourse areas;
• utilising a seat other than that allocated to you on your ticket, unless otherwise instructed by venue personnel;
• posting, sticking or placing, or attempting to post, stick or place, any poster, placard, bill, banner, print, paper or any advertising material on any building, seat, structure, fence, tree or cordon within or within the vicinity of the venue;
• distribution, display or other use of any advertising or promotional material, matter or thing (including printed or electronic matter or samples);
• distributing, hawking, selling, or offering or exposing for sale any goods or services, or collecting money or orders for goods and services;
• misusing, tampering with, removing, damaging or defacing in any manner any property in the venue;
• blocking any thoroughfare including without limitation any stairs, steps, aisle, gangway, passage, entry or exit;
• throwing or attempting to throw any object;
• disrupting, interrupting or behaving in any manner that may disrupt or interrupt any session, event or activity, or distracting, hindering or interfering with an athlete, official, venue personnel, or interfering with the comfort of other persons or their enjoyment of the event;
• restricting the view of other persons by raising umbrellas or other items within the spectator viewing areas;
• starting or attempting to start a fire;
• tampering with fire safety equipment or alarms;
• interfering with, obstructing or hindering event or venue personnel in the exercise of their powers, functions or duties;
• operating or using a loud hailer, public address system or other broadcast device;
• conducting public surveys or opinion polls, soliciting money, donations or subscriptions from members of the public unless permitted by NWC2019 Organising Committee;
• conducting entertainment without a licence and authorisation from NWC2019 Organising Committee;
• inflating or causing to inflate any balloon, receptacle, device or structure;
• betting or gambling;
• Collecting, using or transmitting of any scores, results or related statistics or data for any commercial, betting or gambling purpose.
• distributing, selling, or offering or exposing for sale tickets, or collecting money or orders for tickets outside of NWC2019 authorised retailers;
8. Photo and video content
8.1. Spectators may capture, record and/or transmit still images and/or data taken within the venue including by sharing such still images and/or data on social media and the internet provided such capture, recording or transmission is made solely for personal, private, non-commercial and non-promotional purposes.
8.2. Spectators may capture, record and/or transmit audio or video taken from the venue, solely for personal, private, non-commercial and non-promotional purposes, but may not license, broadcast and/or publish any such video and/or sound recordings to any public platform including any social media platforms or the internet.
8.3 VNWC2019 Organising Committee shall have a right to copy, make available and use any images, videos or audio recordings you create on the ACC premises, without having to make any payment to you or acknowledge that you created that material.
8.4 By attending a session you consent to the broadcast, photographing and recording of you, your image, likeness and voice, by us and persons authorised by us. You acknowledge that you shall have no right in or to such broadcast, photograph or recording, or to be remunerated for such broadcast, photograph or recording, nor any right to object to, or to be identified in relation to, such broadcast, photograph.